The final 2023 Teach for India Fellowship application deadline is 19th March 2023. It is the last of the four deadlines for the 2023 cohort of Fellows, who will begin their Fellowship journey this year.
The Teach For India Fellowship is a nationwide movement that aims to eliminate educational inequity by placing young leaders directly in schools in underserved communities to impact the most change. Teach For India’s mission is to provide an excellent education for all children and build a movement of leaders who will work towards this.
Teach For India’s Fellowship application process is highly selective and receives applications from India’s brightest and most promising individuals for a two-year full-time Fellowship. Teach For India Fellows are paid a salary of Rs. 23,043 per month and a housing allowance if they have to relocate from their home city for the Fellowship.
Eligibility – To apply for the Fellowship,
- You must be an Indian Citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree by June/July 2023.
- You must be fluent in English.
Prior teaching experience is not necessary to apply to the Teach For India Fellowship. We provide rigorous training to all Fellows to set them up for success in their classrooms.
The application process is in 3 stages –
- Application Form And Online Test: Showcase your past experiences and motivations for joining the Fellowship. Within 72 hours of submitting the form, submit a 25-minute online test that assesses your English language ability.
- Phone Interview: We will invite you to a 30-minute phone interview, where we will dive deep into your application form and motivations for applying if required.
- Assessment Centre: This is the final stage of the selection process. Here, you will learn more about Teach For India and the Fellowship. You can showcase your competencies and demonstrate why you would be an excellent Fellow. Activities will include a sample teaching activity, a group activity, a critical-thinking activity, and an interview.
ABOUT TEACH FOR INDIA:
Teach For India’s Fellowship places outstanding working professionals and college graduates as Fellows – who work full-time as teachers for two years in low-income and under-resourced schools. With operations in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Kolkata, Teach For India has over 1000 Fellows impacting over 34,000 children nationwide. After the Fellowship, they join a growing movement of over 4000+ Alumni working at all levels of the education sector.
In case of any queries, please reach out to – email@example.com