The seventh edition of the Maker Mela virtual event will be held from 21st – 23rd of January 2022. Makers from across the globe can register to be a part of this three-day exposition of innovation at makermela.com. The deadline to register as a maker is 31st December 2021.
Maker Mela, an initiative organised by Somaiya Vidyavihar University’s riidl (Research Innovation Incubation Design Laboratory), is to accelerate the Maker Movement in India and to create a global community of Makers.
While promoting the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset, Maker Mela is a platform for like-minded individuals focused on creating a community of makers enabling them to create local solutions for global problems. Makers will get an opportunity to pitch their ideas to eminent angel investors, VCs, government officials, and industry leaders. Makers can upload their project videos under each category on the Maker Mela platform. The innovators with the best projects will win cash prizes and vouchers worth INR 1 Lakh. The additional benefits for Makers include access to seed fund upto INR 1 Crore, deals like Google Cloud credits worth 3000 USD, AWS credits worth 2000 USD, Notion credits worth 1000 USD, and access to PayTm Mini App Program for enabling to scale B2C offering, among other benefits.
How will a Maker benefit from Maker Mela?
- Best Makers wins cash prizes & vouchers worth INR 1 Lakh
- Pitching Session for shortlisted makers & connect to investors
- Access to grants upto INR 10 Lakhs per innovator
- Incubation Support [Help in Legal, Financial and any other incubation services]
- Access to seed fund upto INR 1 Crore
- Access to deals like Google Cloud credits worth 3000 USD, AWS credits worth 2000 USD, Notion credits worth 1000 USD & PayTm Mini App Program enabling to scale B2C offerings
- Access to Labs [Fablab / Biolab / SMAC lab / XR lab]
- Online Media Outreach