Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Centre for Policy Research and Analysis, IIM Shillong, and Mizoram Youth Commission (MYC), Government of Mizoram on Aug 26, 2022 signed a Memorandum of Understanding MoU), which paves way for IIM Shillong (Dr. Kalam Centre) to become a knowledge partner in Mizoram’s efforts of building state’s capacity for youth skilling and entrepreneurship. The Mizoram Youth Commission was set up by an Act of the Mizoram State Legislature. It has been given legal authority to advance, investigate, and improve youth welfare
MoU includes the following terms:
- Promote Human Resource Development in the state of Mizoram by assisting institutions in developing curriculum, course design and capacity building.
- Conduct Skill Mapping in the State of Mizoram. Facilitate the Government of Mizoram and MYC in particular in identifying skill gaps, need assessment and designing of skill development courses as demanded by the industry and aspiration of the youth of Mizoram.
- Provide Capacity Building programs for the officials of the Government of Mizoram.
- Engage IIM Shillong (Dr. Kalam Centre) in imparting value-added skills to foster competency and entrepreneurship amongst the youth of Mizoram.
- Recognize IIM Shillong (Dr. Kalam Centre) as Knowledge Partner for Research, Policy Development, Analysis, Impact Study and Identifying/Recommending necessary interventions.
- Support stimulating economic development in the state of Mizoram through innovation and entrepreneurship in the potential sectors.
The agreement was signed at Aizawl between Prof. DP Goyal, Director, IIM Shillong, and Dr. Vanlaltanpuia, MLA, Chairman of the MYC in the presence of Mr. Atul Kulkarni, member BOG, IIM Shillong, Zothantluanga, MLA, Vice chairman, Manpower Development Board; R Lalramnghaka, IAS Secy Higher & Technical Education; Chingthanmawii, Deputy Adviser, Planning Department
Following the agreement, a meeting was set up at which the team had a meeting with Shri Zoramthanga, the Honorable Chief Minister of Mizoram.
Describing the MoU as a far-sighted approach Prof. D.P. Goyal, Director, IIM Shillong said, “By working together with the Government of Mizoram, IIM Shillong (Dr. Kalam Centre) hopes to develop value-added skills in Mizo youth and encourage them to be competent and entrepreneurial. It also hopes to develop a framework for effective and result-driven youth empowerment, particularly in the areas of management development, entrepreneurship development, and capacity building programs.”
Leave a Reply