VidyaGyan Leadership Academy, an academy for economically underprivileged, meritorious students from rural Uttar Pradesh has opened admissions for its 2023-24 Academic Session. VidyaGyan, a free residential school for meritorious, underprivileged students from rural Uttar Pradesh, handpicks approximately 200 meritorious students from a pool of 2.5 lakh applicants who apply from across 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh (UP) and nurtures them till Grade XII with world-class education.
It is an initiative of Shiv Nadar Foundation which is committed to the creation of a more equitable, merit-based society by empowering individuals through transformational education, and to bridge the socio-economic divide. VidyaGyan was first set up in Bulandshahr in 2009 followed by the VidyaGyan’s Sitapur campus.
The three-stage admission process at VidyaGyan constitutes:
- Preliminary written test in all districts of UP
- Written test for children shortlisted in the preliminary round
- Interaction with the selected students and their families
- Applicants should be studying in Grade V in a rural school
- Age of girls should be less than or equal to 12 years and the age of boys should be less or equal to 11 years
- Students from rural, low-income households (with a combined family income of not more than Rs.1 lakh per annum)
Around 200 students are selected every year for admission to VidyaGyan after two rounds of competitive exams. The last date for submission of applications is 22nd November 2022. The preliminary written examination will be conducted on 18th December 2022.
More details: www.vidyaGyan.in