Residents Medical, a medical education and residency placement organization headquartered in Los Angeles, California offers the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Clinical Document Specialist Certification course. This certification provides a comprehensive training course in billing codes and health information.
- Who can apply?Medical students interested in learning how to deliver comprehensive clinical documentation when caring for patients in both in-patient and out-patient settings
- How long is the course?The course duration is 12 weeks—a total of 32 lessons divided into two series of content
- Is it online or offline?Online
- Link for application?Residents Medical has an affiliation with AHIMA and will provide an individualized enrolment code upon specified interest
- Last date for application?N/A. Courses are offered throughout the year
Upon successful completion of this course, with a Certificate in Health Info and Coding, you can display your skills as a trendsetter in the health information community.
- Improves your chances of getting US medical residency and career advancement opportunities
- Provides a base for a deep understanding of the proper way in which a Resident does billing and coding
- You will have access to the Residents Medical/ AHIMA-certified network, a prestigious community that provides valuable insight and support
- Enhances your skill set and choices for the competitive medical residency job market