The Ministry of Education, Department of Higher Education, on October 2 launched YUVA 2.0 – Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors, an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors (below 30 years of age) in order to promote reading, writing and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
In view of the significant impact of the first edition of YUVA with large scale participation from young and budding authors in 22 different Indian languages and English, YUVA 2.0 is now being launched.
The Schedule of YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is as follows:
- Announcement of the Scheme 2 October 2022.
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest to be conducted through https://www.mygov.in/from 2 October 2022 – 30 November 2022.
- The received proposals would be evaluated from 1 December 2022 – 31 January 2023.
- The winners will be announced on 28 February 2023.
- The young authors will be trained by eminent authors/mentors from 1 March 2023 – 31 August 2023.
- Under the mentorship, the first set of published books will be launched on 2 October 2023.
The launch of YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is in tune with the Prime Minister’s vision to encourage the youth to understand and appreciate India’s democracy. YUVA 2.0 is a part of India@75 Project (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav) to bring to the fore the perspectives of the young generation of writers on the THEME : ‘Democracy (institutions, events, people, constitutional values – past, present, future)’ in an innovative and creative manner. This scheme will thus help to develop a stream of writers who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote Indian heritage, culture and knowledge system.
The National Book Trust, India, under the Ministry of Education as the Implementing Agency will ensure phase-wise execution of the Scheme under well-defined stages of mentorship. The books prepared under this scheme will be published by National Book Trust, India, and will also be translated into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of culture and literature, thereby promoting ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’. The selected young authors will interact with some of the best authors of the world, participate in literary festivals etc.