L’Oréal India has announced the latest edition of the ‘For Young Women in Science’ Scholarship (FYWIS) 2022, a nationwide merit-based scholarship programme providing a platform for aspiring girls to pursue their graduation in the field of science. Successful candidates will be granted a scholarship sum of up to INR 2,50,000 to cover their academic expenses.
Instituted in 2003 in India, the ‘For Young Women in Science’ scholarship (FYWIS) programme empowers young women from lesser privileged backgrounds to pursue science-based graduation programs at any reputed academic institution of their choice. The programme is open for graduate studies in any field of science – pure sciences, applied sciences, engineering, and medicine, among others.
- Only girl students who have passed class 12 (Science stream) with a minimum of 85% marks in PCM/PCB/PCMB in the current academic year (2021-22) can apply for the scholarship
- The applicants must have procured admission into an undergraduate (bachelor’s) program in a science-related field at a recognized college/university in India in the current academic year, 2022-23
- The candidates’ annual family income should be less than INR 6 Lakh
How to apply:
- Interested applicants can apply for this scholarship through the link L’Oréal Scholarship
- The applicant needs to register first by using their Email/Mobile/Gmail account (if not already registered)
- Candidate will be redirected to L’Oréal India’s ‘For Young Women in Science’ scholarship application form page.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload the necessary documents as part of the application process.
- Read the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and indicate your acceptance to move ahead towards submitting the application
After screening and shortlisting of the applications received, the selected candidates undergo a telephonic interview round, after which the selected candidates along with their parents are invited for a face-to-face interview with a jury comprising eminent scientists, academicians, journalists, etc. This year, the jury round will be organized in a hybrid mode – candidates will have the option of in-person at locations like Mumbai, New Delhi/NCR, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Kolkata, or attend virtually.