In view of increasing focus on healthcare services and facilities, especially after the current ravaging covid19 pandemic, the demand for trained technicians especially in emergency departments in healthcare has increased a lot.
EMT – Emergency Medical Technician courses offer the necessary skills needed to be applied on the scene of an accident or injury & en-route to the hospital to promote outcome of speedy recovery. In view of current trend and need, several training institutes have introduced multiple long-term and short-term EMT courses.
Here is the list of Top 5 EMT Courses in India.
- Henry Harvin: Ideal for students of Higher Secondary and Graduates who aspire to manage hands-on emergency situations, India’s leading Edtech Company – Henry Harvin offers the best career oriented course in the field of Paramedics and Healthcare. The course focuses on developing the necessary skills required to act in basic emergency lifesaving situations. Delivered by highly qualified healthcare professionals with over 15+ years of working experience, the course spans over 6 months and offers the experience of industry projects during the tenure of the course. The course helps students to Gain knowledge about Anatomy and Physiology and Get Acquainted with Medical Terminology & Medical Ethics, acquire Knowledge about Infection control and Biomedical Waste Management, get familiar with Patient Communication and Patient Assessment, learn comprehensively about Trauma Care Emergency and Deliver Emergency Medical Support to Patients Upon successful completion, all participants are awarded an Emergency Medical Technician Course Certification as well as become a part of the Elite Paramedical Academy of Henry Harvin® & join the 3,00,000+ strong Alumni Network Worldwide.
- Institute of Paramedical Science & Management: The Emergency Medical Technician course offered by IPSM gears up the students to assess the condition of the patients and determine the necessary course of action before taking them to the hospital. This diploma course spanning over a period of 12 months to 18 months also prepares the participants to respond to the emergencies arising out of causalities like criminal violence, natural disasters, fires, air and land accidents, etc. An applicant needs to have passed Class 12th to be eligible for the course. On successful completion, every participant is awarded a Diploma in emergency Medical technician.
- Indian Institute of Emergency Medical Services: This course is designed to instruct a student to the level of Emergency Medical Technician-Basic, formerly the EMT-Ambulance, who serves as a vital link in the chain of the health care team. It is recognized that the majority of Prehospital emergency medical care will be provided by the EMT-Basic. This includes all skills necessary for the individual to provide emergency medical care at a basic life support level with an ambulance service or other specialized service. Specifically, after successful completion of the program, the student will be capable of performing the following functions at the minimum entry level. After pursuing this course, Emergency Medical Technicians are capable of providing out of hospital emergency medical care and transportation for critical and emergent patients.
- Tech Mahindra Foundation – Smart Academy: The EMT course is an HSSC certified course to train students in emergency life-saving procedures & and provide pre-hospital critical care. As part of this course, students are trained to respond quickly to emergency medical situations and provide pre-hospital critical care to patients. The classroom program supplemented with practical training, as well as on-job-training equips a student to handle all kinds of critical and emergency situations such as accidents, burns, heart failure etc. In the course duration of 12 months, the course includes classroom training, coursework, clinical training and soft-skills training. The Emergency Medical Technician course is ideal for Class 12 students and graduates who wish to manage hands-on medical emergency situations.
- Vivo Healthcare: The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course provided by Vivo Healthcare is designed to train healthcare professionals in basic emergency lifesaving procedures. After the successful completion of the course, the institute provides all the aspirants with an accredited EMT certification. This EMT Basic Level – 1 is a 2 months training program prepares professionals to get necessary skills and training to respond in basic emergency lifesaving situations. The Course covers theory and Simulation training for 240 Hours and offers Hospital and Ambulance Internship of 120 Hours.