On March 8, Delhi government allocated Rs 16,377 crore for education in its 2021-22 Budget, The focus areas will be introducing a “deshbhakti pathyakram”, setting up Delhi’s own education board, creating a virtual model school and a teachers’ university. Vivek K Singh, Co-Founder and CEO, Careerera analyzes the impact of the proposals.
The Deputy CM of Delhi, Manish Sisodia, presented the Delhi budget for the financial year 2021-22 on March 9. In the Delhi budget of the financial year 2021-22 there is an allotment of INR 16,377 crores for education—highest share i.e. 25% of the total budget.
The theme of the budget is patriotism (Desh Bhakti). In pursuant with the theme, to instill a sense of patriotism among pupils, Delhi schools will introduce a patriotic syllabus. This is a commendable step because education is the most crucial element in the evolution of a nation.
The decision of celebrating 75th Independence Day by organizing programmes for 75-weeks is praise-worthy. The allocation of INR 20 crore for the ‘deshbhakti periods’ in city schools for this 75-week long celebration is a tremendous step taken by the government of Delhi to awaken patriotism in school students. If such hardcore patriots will be holding a government office, then the corruption will definitely sweep away.
The Financial Budget of Delhi focuses on education, it aims to transform the existing educational framework to an advanced one. Even after 75 years of independence, 95% of India’s population does not have access to quality education. Education is the ultimate way for any developing nation to uplift its social and economic status. Education transforms an individual completely from inside as well as outside, it revamps one’s mind and personality. Quality education is a human right that provides the foundation for equity in a society. It not only empowers but also enlightens a citizen and lets it contribute to its maximum possible extent. Therefore, it is the high time to make education a public movement. Several courses of actions have been taken by the Delhi government for 6 years to promote education.
Highlights of the Education Sector of the Delhi Budget 2021-22 :
- The establishment of new army schools and armed forces preparatory academy in Delhi will open up opportunities for students to enter the Indian army as well as NDA.
- Establishment of a Sainik school in Delhi
- The introduction of the new syllabus for the students of Nursery to class 8
- Establishment of a new Delhi school education board
- Establishment of 100 schools of excellence
- Introduction of Virtual Delhi Model Schools that will run on the principle of anytime learning, anywhere living, anytime testing.
- Virtual Delhi Model Schools are one of its kind as they possess a unique experimentation for regular teaching, learning and interaction between students and teachers. This project will benefit many students that reside in remote parts of the country. It will give them access to the Delhi education model, from anywhere in the country.
- The creation of a Sports University will streamline sports facilities and nurture sports talent. This initiative will prepare students for world class competitions that may produce international medal winnings.
- Set up a voluntary mentorship programme namely, “Youth for Education“ – under this program, the students will help other students.
- The Delhi government will soon inaugurate the Delhi Law University.
We are glad to hear the announcement made for the education sector in the budget of Delhi. Education for a really long time has been served in the sidelines of the Indian schooling system and with this push, we are delighted that this initiative will actually create better experts and in general an effective instructive education system in the country. We are optimistic that this financial budget will yield great results to the education sector.