FLAME University will be hosting its first conference based on the theme, ‘Climate change and India: Implications for environment, policy and international politics’, on December 9th and 10th, 2021. This conference is organized by FLAME University’s Centre for Earth and Environment, Centre for Public Policy and Centre for South and Southeast Asia Studies. Dr. Prasad Pathak, Dr. Chaitanya Ravi and Dr. Roger Liu who are heading these centres, respectively, are bringing together the leading authorities in India to discuss complexities around climate change and India’s role in near future. The centres aim to disseminate the salient insights from such discussions to academics, think-tanks, media, policymakers, NGO’s and students.
Panel discussions during the conference will touch upon topics such as, Public Policy (India’s Climate Change Policies), Environmental Studies, International Studies (The International Politics of Climate Change: Implications for India), Climate Change Policy, Adaptation & Education.
Some of the speakers/panellists at the conference include:
- Dr. Abhay Jere, the Chief Innovation Officer for Ministry of Education, Govt. of India
- Ms. Saloni Goel, Climate Change Specialist at NITI Aayog
- Vice Admiral (Retd.) Pradeep Chauhan, Director-General, National Maritime Foundation, New Delhi
- Dr. Kaveri Iychettira, Assistant Professor, IIT Delhi
- Dr. Aalok Khandekar, Assistant Professor, IIT Hyderabad
- Dr. Aswath Damodaran, Professor, IIM Bangalore
- Mr. Pranab Ranjan Choudhury, Vice President, Centre for Land Governance
- Dr. Priyadarshani Karve, Director, Samuchit Enviro Tech
- Dr. Chirag Dhara, Assistant Professor, Krea University
- Dr. Jagannath Panda, Research Fellow, IDSA
- Dr. Swapna Pathak, Assistant Professor, Oberlin College
- Dr. Pradip Swarnakar, Associate Professor, IIT Kanpur
The conference is open to all to attend virtually. To know more and to register, visit: